PMC defines Organization Development (OD) as the process of improving the performance of organizations and the people in those organizations. Properly implemented, OD addresses root-cause problems. OD initiatives can be the lever that turns aspirations into reality. Using behavioural insights, creative design and high levels of participation, great things are possible.
Our approach to organizational development involves five keys to building high performance organizations:
Culture and Team Building
PMC experts will work with you to develop approaches that align the positions and attitudes of your teams with the culture of your organization, that is, its mission, vision and values. This may involve employee focus groups, improved corporate communication practices, and facilitated team building exercises that allow everyone an open, frank and respectful exchange of views.
In the knowledge economy, an organization really can’t grow or prosper beyond the capability of its leadership and the commitment and skill of its workforce. Regardless of whether you want to focus on supervisors, managers, executives or all three, PMC can help you create a strategic leadership development program that is right for your organization.
Our programs are designed to focus on behaviours and attitudes, as well as skills. We create a program based on your objectives, with the right blend of skills development, diagnostics, self-awareness, coaching and support. We ensure participants know what to expect, and what is expected of them. Our programs are flexible, allowing individuals to access critical learning in a way that accommodates unique needs, personalities, learning styles and pre-conditioning. The result is a robust, multi-dimensional program that addresses the business needs and priorities of your organization.
OD demands change of some kind, and accepting that changes are required is the first step in making them a reality. We can help your organization to both recognize the need to change, and then ease the transition to new ways of working or interacting. PMC does this by helping you identify activities that will have the highest potential for change in your organization. We assist you in scheduling a realistic rate of change, and will facilitate group sessions to help increase everyone’s comfort with the planned changes.
Outsourced Training and Development Management
PMC also helps organizations sustain their OD by working with managers to scope and plan for organization’s continuous learning requirements. We develop plans and service agreements with organizations that create certainty around what learning programs are going to be delivered, when they will be delivered and how much they will cost.
Employee Engagement Strategies
To be committed to an organization, most workers today want feedback on their performance, a sense of accomplishment, and opportunities to grow. They also want to feel valued. So, if you need to strengthen employee engagement to achieve your mission, PMC can help. We offer a range of initiatives, “real world” experienced practitioners, and a passion to see our clients succeed.
Developing the processes and building the skills for effective performance management is a complex task. Involved stakeholders must feel confident that the methodologies, content and delivery of any system are just and meaningful, and that they can trust the objectivity of those administering the system.
Appraisal System Design
Regular appraisals should be used as an opportunity to build trust and engage employees in supporting corporate goals. Our performance management experts have extensive experience and we can help you to make your appraisal system a process welcomed by all – one that is simple, well-tested, clear, relevant and especially, fair, objective and just.
Competency frameworks have become a leading method for diagnosing, framing and improving all aspects of human resource management. PMC’s consultants provide the expertise and experience in developing your particular set of competencies, and they will be sure that the competencies signal corporate priorities and values, act as a tool for recruiting, career development and job enhancement, among other strategies. Of major importance, you will possess a set of competencies that spotlight the connection between competence and performance.
360° Feedback Processes
The key objectives of multi-source feedback should be awareness, growth and competence. Although there are many benefits to a successful implementation, a host of risks need to be managed. We can provide you with the tools and advice to successfully gather the data, and ensure clarity of roles and purpose.
Balanced Scorecard Development
By measuring areas such as process performance, market share/penetration, long term learning and skills development, a Balanced Scorecard (BSC) can help you align your operational activities with your overall vision and strategy, and improve internal and external communications. We can help you create and implement a BSC tailored to your particular business objectives and grounded in best practice.
PMC consultants have extensive experience in developing assessment centres that allow management to observe performance under a controlled set of circumstances. The centres also give employees the chance to test their mettle under such conditions. We can provide the expertise needed to develop programs that are an accurate reflection of what the work entails and also to determine the training and development needed to improve individual and ultimately, organizational performance.
A change initiative is often driven by either crisis or the need to adjust to new expectations, fiscal constraints, new priorities or demands from clients and stakeholders, changing markets or a wide range of uncontrollable variables. Whatever is driving your organization’s need to change, PMC can help you structure for success.
This could mean a complete overhaul of structure, or require only smaller changes with a focus on specific aspects of the organization. Our organization design experts are active listeners and provide advice and solutions tailored to your specific needs. This advice is based on a careful analysis of your organization, its strategic objectives and the pressures that affect organizational performance. Our findings, options and recommendations are presented to management and, as appropriate, to their teams for discussion. Once an option is approved, we help with planning migration to the changed structure.
As full service consultants, PMC’s specialists will be involved throughout the process. This may involve advising on timing and rate of implementation, developing a communications strategy to keep members of the organization informed of progress and how it will affect them, advising on how new positions can be resourced, and other implications of structural change, such as how the placement of work stations affects the flow of information, for example.If you’re considering re-designing your organization, call us to find out how we can help make structural change as smooth a process as possible.
Let PMC help you manage your most valued assets – the people who work in your organization. In the knowledge economy, human resources, rather than physical capital, have become the key to competitive advantage for large and small organizations alike. Our experts in HR management will work with you to attract, retain and develop competent and loyal employees. We will advise on best practices in HR policy and planning so that valuable human resources are aligned with your organization’s business objectives. Our consultants will be there to help you put strategies into practice, and fine-tune processes to fit your needs.
We offer consulting services in:
HR policies and processes
Strategic human resource management
Applied human resource planning
Human resource transition and succession planning
Employee surveys, focus groups and trend analysis.
Call us if you need help with these or any other HR challenges. Together we can turn challenges into opportunities.
Organizations spend valuable resources trying to make changes on the basis of what appears to be a good idea, untested assumptions, or subjective evaluations. Validated diagnostics and methodologies deliver factual information that tells you not only what is happening, but why. If you want to be sure that you are committing your time and resources to the real issues that need addressing, PMC can help you target your efforts with meaningful clarity.
1. Organization Transition Inventory (OTI) – Strategic
Organizations are seen as a system needing to produce results and outcomes from given resources through processes. OTI measures how well the organization performs the 16 key performance processes and benchmarks it against other similar organizations.
OTI performs a gap analysis between where the organization is and where it needs to be to achieve its strategic goals, the appropriateness of its culture to its marketplace, or problem gaps between potential Merger and Acquisition organizations, partners or outsource providers.
OTI produces very specific recommendations for change, to improve performance, to create appropriate cultures or bring potential partners together.
2. Team Effectiveness Inventory (TEI) – Operational
TEI enables you to:
3. Project Team Effectiveness (PTES) – Operational
PTES would enable you to:
• Show how the team does things and how that causes the results they achieve.
• Provide feedback to the project team from other groups and teams with which they work.
• Create high performing, cohesive teams that deliver project results.
• Create a sense of coherent purpose, clarity of vision and achievement for each team.
• Get project teams to do the right thing, in an appropriate style for their role and for the project culture.
• Cascade project effectiveness through teams.
• Minimize conflict within teams, and between teams – everyone pulling together.
4. Leading for Results (LFR) – Senior Level
All leaders bring their personality, experience and knowledge to the role but then it is a question of what they do that determines how good they are and the quality of the results they achieve.
Leading for Results analyzes what they achieve (Results), what they do (their Leadership Practices) and then diagnoses the cause/effect relationship between the two by using unique methodology devised by Verax.
Whether you want leaders to…
• Bring about change/transformation.
• Improve results/return on investment.
• Re-pattern and help the organization thrive in multiple markets.
• Enthuse, engage and galvanize staff.
• Network for the good of the organization.
• Display a Leadership style that reflects the desired culture.
• Act as a role model.
• Create a passion.
• Make best use of resources, people.
• Be more creative, exploring, inventive.
• Develop talent/coach
• Shape and direct the organization, and be vision driven
…Leading for Results will provide that and more.
Typically, leaders do not use all of the levers available to them to achieve these results/outcomes, so many potential resources and so much talent remains underutilized.
Leading for Results highlights precisely where this is happening and re-directs the individual to ways of getting the most from opportunities.
A completely new kind of cause/effect analysis is carried out in the Leading for Results report to provide this vital information – to produce even higher levels of performance.
5. Team Leadership Competencies (TLC) – Supervisory Level
TLC provides feedback and analysis of:
• The extent to which the manager performs the 16 most desired and admired competencies.
• How well the manager performs those competencies in comparison with other managers in the same organization and compared to thousands of other managers in other significant organizations.
• The impact on others of the way those competencies are performed.
• The extent to which the manager focuses attention on those competencies that are most important for what the organization is trying to achieve strategically.
• The manager’s change management behaviour.
• The alignment between the manager’s style and the culture the organization is trying to create.
• The overall effectiveness of the manager in his/her current role and potential for future development.
6. Managing Performance (MP) – Senior/Middle Levels
Using MP, your leaders would:
• Aspire to be among the elite.
• Improve business performance and profit.
• Become more visionary, inspirational and strategic.
• Function as high flyers who want to stretch their wings.
• Be champions (not blockers) of change and help others cope with change.
• Drive strategic change through management processes and structures.
• Create the right kind of culture for the business to be successful in its marketplace.
• Increase leadership and management productivity.
Managing Performance provides the perfect basis for an Executive Coaching contract, a senior management development program or series of workshops. But more important is the fact that you can measure and quantify the value of these kinds of interventions.
7. Performance Coaching Inventory (PCI) – Middle/Supervisory Levels
Most managers think they are already good coaches. Our research indicates that over half are seen as ineffective by those being coached.
The 360° feedback measure (Performance Coaching Inventory – PCI) shows coaches exactly what they are doing that is effective, and precisely what they need to do to become more effective.
Performance Coaching provides, for the first time, a fully comprehensive and systematic coaching process. PCI enables organizations and individuals to assess, create and sustain new high levels of performance.
8. Professional Project Management (PPM) – Project Manager Level
Using PPM your leaders would:
• Improve project performance and cost effectiveness.
• Be more in tune with the project’s vision, strategy and inspiration.
• Function as high flyers who want to stretch their wings.
• Be champions (not blockers) of adaptability and help others cope with change and novelty.
• Create the right kind of culture for the project to be successful, on time, on budget, and delight the customer.
• Increase project management productivity.
PPM is designed to make your project managers aware of what they do so that they can perform better.
PPM makes the perfect basis for a coaching contract, a project management development program or series of workshops. But more important is the fact that you can measure and quantify the value of these kinds of interventions.
9. Personal Effectiveness Profile (PEP) – All Levels
PEP provides 360° feedback and analysis of the individual’s:
• Preferred behavioural and communications style.
• The kinds of people that are likely to be attracted to or switched off by the individual’s style.
• Ability to recognize their likely impact on others and how to modify their own behaviour/communications style to have a more positive effect.
• Adaptability rating, compared to thousands of others, and thus it analyzes the individual’s capability to cope with change, stress, pressures, new relationships.
• Psychological, emotional, attitudinal and behavioural capabilities and the self-confidence to better cope with a rapidly changing world.
• Personal style, its fit with the desired corporate culture, the individual’s job demands and how to adapt accordingly.
10. Sales Effectiveness Profile (SEP) – Sales Level
Using SEP your sales staff would:
• Align their behaviour to what is appreciated by the customer/client without compromising what the organization needs.
• Better cope with changing and adaptable customer/client needs.
• Get along better with others, become team players, and become more results focused.
• Feel better about themselves, confront difficulties and make things happen.
• Influence others positively, overcome destructive habits, and develop can-do attitudes.
• Compare their own customer contact skills with thousands of others in similar job roles.
What SEP has done for others:
• About 60 percent of sales staff are measured by their customers as being more effective after six months than they were before.
• Improved communications in sales teams.
• Enhanced self esteem, resulting in improved personal contribution leading to promotion (from marginal performers).
• Alignment of individual attitudes and behaviour with the organization’s desired customer oriented culture.
The foundation of personal and professional success lies in understanding oneself, understanding others, and realizing the impact of personal behaviour on others. The DiSC Profile is a multi-purpose learning instrument that helps individuals assess to what degree they utilize each Dimension of Behaviour in a situation:
For nearly 30 years, the DiSC Profile Test has unlocked the door to productive communication and interpersonal relationships for over 40 million people. DiSC instruments help people:
• Discover behavioural strengths, areas for augmenting, blending, capitalizing
• Value and learn to respect the strengths of others
• Deal with conflict effectively by learning adaptive behaviours
• Enhance work group with teamwork and minimize team conflict
• Develop strategies to meet diverse needs of others
• Improve communication skills by determining communication styles
• Reduce conflict and stress, in both interpersonal and intrapersonal relationships
• Manage interpersonal communication better
Call us for more details on DISC and how it would help your organization.
Performance Management Consultants can deliver courses on-site at your location for a surprisingly cost-effective price. Our training specialists have delivered thousands of “off-the-shelf” and customized workshops locally, nationally and internationally for small, medium and large organizations. Our programs can serve the needs of individuals, teams and/or your entire organization. For more information on our in-house training, please visit our PMC Training website.
In addition, we conduct more than 120 public workshops in the National Capital Region each year on a wide variety of business skills: business communications (oral and written), leadership and management development, interpersonal skills, time and resource management, personal effectiveness and more.
For more information on our business skills training programs, please contact Sophie Gouédard at 613-234-2020, ext. 21 or email sgouedard at pmctraining.com. Or visit our website at www.pmctraining.com.